Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Shop Your Closet: Kendi's Hot Pink Blazer

Shop Your Closet is a feature where I find some inspiration and then go shopping in my closet to recreate it. This way I am exercising my creativity without spending any money.


When I saw this outfit from Kendi Everyday, I was so glad I hadn't got rid of my hot pink blazer. What a fun way to wear it- I had really only ever worn mine with solid white or black. I had the blazer, striped shirt, skinny jeans, and nude colored heels to make this look work.


But when I tried it on, the stripes were too big and too wide and just didn't do it for me. I tried it on with a polka dot top and liked it better. I made it my own.


I also haven't worn these shoes in a long time. Thanks Kendi for the inspiration to shop my closet!


You can totally see my toe rings through those shoes. A few weeks ago one of my students said "who wears toe rings anymore?" to which I quickly stepped out of my flats and showed her my toes. She felt kind of dumb for saying that but maybe she's right. Maybe nobody but me wears toe rings anymore. But I love them and I don't care.

"Shop Your Closet" has been a little bit sporadic in the past. I am going to try to make it a weekly Saturday feature. It will be good for me to create new outfits each week so I feel like I have something new without going shopping.

I am also thinking about making it into a party. Is anyone interested in participating? You can shop your own closet, post your outfit and link it up to my blog for others to see. The inspiration can be a designer, a fashion blogger, your neighbor, a color scheme, an ice cream cone, whatever! I can even give ideas each week to help inspire you for those interested. For example, one theme can be "black and white" meaning that you have to create an outfit that is (or just contains) black and white that you have never worn before with items you already have in your closet. Please let me know what you think! I know something like this would start pretty small, but I don't want to do it if NOBODY wants to participate. Leave a comment or send an email to aubreelarsen@hotmail.com!
 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger