Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Photo Letters

For a Christmas present I made this photo collage that spells out the family's last name. It was so much fun to make! I became much more observant as I drove around looking at objects trying to find letters hidden in every day things. I drove past some of these things everyday for 2 weeks before I finally saw the letter.
My friend who is an artist/photographer gave me a few tips:
1. It looks much cooler when you actually tell what the object is (which you can for all of mine except the 'S').
2. Increase the contrast on the photos in Photoshop or other photo editing software. This makes the letter stand out more.
I have seen similar postcards with photo letter on them for sale at craft stores but it was much more fun (and meaningful) to take the photos myself.
Be sure to choose a name with which you will be able to find a frame with the right amount of spaces. OR use small individual frames. They would also be a lot of fun in wallet size. First names would be fun for kids or teens. You could also do initials or first name monograms.
Another option would be to use sepia colored photos. It just depends on the decor. This family decorates with black, white, and red so the black and white was the best option.

Sideways mailbox


Light post




Tree knot



Basketball hoop





RR crossing sign




A swirly peice of metal on a fall decoration I have.


Now I just need to make myself one! Luckily there are only 6 letters in my last name!

 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger