Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Refashion #4 Tule Flowers Tee

Here is another simple, fun t-shirt refashion.

Materials:
T-shirt
Another shirt of the same color that can be cut up
A little bit of (white) tule
Seed beeds

I started with a basic t-shirt from Old Navy. (Tomorrow, 7/22, is the last day of their basics sale. This shirt is only $5. I bought 3 of them.)


Cut random geometric shapes from the other t-shirt. I cut different sizes so I could layer the shapes.


Do the same thing with the tule. Cut random geometric shapes in different sizes.
(Sorry, no picture.)



Stack the shapes on top of each other from largest to smallest.




Sew the flowers together by folding it in half and stitching a couple of times. Then fold it in half another direction and do again. This creates dimension.


Add beads to the center. On some flowers I did one bead in the center, and three on others. (Remember that odd numbers look better in designs.)





Arrange the flowers along the neckline of the t-shirt and sew or glue them on.



I like it. It is different than any other shirt I have. What do you think?




Stay tuned! More refashions coming up soon!


In addition to my favorite linky parties on the sidebar this post will be linked up to:

Whatever Goes Wednesday
(button won't work, sorry)



Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden



 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger