Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Thursday, July 15, 2010

"A Fun Summer Purse" Tutorial

My mother-in-law's birthday was at the end of June. A week or so before the big day I heard her comment that she didn't have a "fun summer purse." I immediately thought "I can fix that!" I don't know if this is what she had in mind, but hopefully she found this purse to be fun for summer!


I bought this plain white bag at Walmart for $10.


I gathered ribbons in bright summer colors (this picture makes them look kind of dull). I used lime, orange, turquoise, hot pink, pink, and yellow.



I created flowers out of the ribbon. I stitched along the edge of the ribbon first.





Pull the thread to create a ruffle.




Gather the ruffle to make a flower. I pin the ends together in the back, stitch them together and cut off the excess.



I made two flowers of each color in different sizes.


Attach the flowers to the bag. Since I am the queen of hot glue, that is what I used.
(By the way, thanks for tips about the fabric glue on the last refashion project. I will check it out for sure!)



I created two clusters of flowers on the bag a




And there you have it! A simple, fun, summer purse!







In addition to my favorite linky parties on the sidebar, this post will be linked up to:



giveaways



 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger